[Taxacom] USPS Library Rate

Thomas G. Lammers lammers at uwosh.edu
Mon Jan 11 13:03:38 CST 2010

At 12:25 PM 1/11/2010, Michael A. Ivie wrote:
>Sorry, the question relates only to US participants.  For decades, we
>have shipped museum materials between US collections using Library
>Rate.  We were recently informed that our university's Post Office will
>only accept books for Library Rate in the future.  Is this a true change
>in regs, or something that we need to do some education on?  Anyone else
>run into this?

I mark all our outgoing parcels of specimens with the appropriate
chapter-'n'-verse:
Library Mail DMM 183  3.4c
Haven't had trouble yet.

Thomas G. Lammers
Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh

New!  Botanical adventure fiction!
Augustus Green in the Lair of the Pye-a-Saw
http://www.mbgpress.info/index.php?task=id&id=90602