[Taxacom] Monkey Community greatly relieved

Barry Roth barry_roth at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 13 13:27:21 CST 2010

Not every moment is a "teachable moment."  <sigh>

Barry Roth

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 13, 2010, at 10:00 AM, "Robin Leech" <releech at telus.net> wrote:

Hi Taxacomers,

The monkey community felt great relief upon hearing
the anti-evolutionists' and Creationists' denial that
humans came from monkeys.

Where did all this come from out of the blue?  Well,
my significant other is a teacher, and after she reported
that we had gone to the Royal Alberta Museum to hear
talks on the background to Darwin and The Origin of
Species, one of the other teachers replied in a loud,
threatening (and threatened?) voice,
"We didn't come from monkeys!"

It fell on deaf ears when she tried to explain the difference
between "a common ancestor" and "monkey ancestors".

Robin