[Taxacom] Monkey Community greatly relieved

Stephen Thorpe s.thorpe at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jan 13 14:53:08 CST 2010

>science is testable, falsifiable, quantifiable, etc.
it is only any of those things relative to assumptions which must be held by something akin to "faith"
at any rate, the closed loop I refer to has nothing to do with testability - if we assume testability for the sake of argument, the point is that only scientific questions in scientific language can be tested
I'm not arguing for religion by any means, but I hate to see any blinkered people, be it by religion or science ...