[Taxacom] Monkey Community greatly relieved

Stephen Thorpe s.thorpe at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jan 13 15:05:30 CST 2010

No, I still think that religious people are interpreting science in religious language and concepts, thereby finding spurious contradiction with their beliefs, and scientists are interpreting religious teachings in scientific language and concepts, thereby finding it to be in contradiction with science. In fact, there are two closed loops, each of which can only express itself in its own language and answer questions expressed in that language. I think Darwin could quite consistently have gone to church on sundays, and worried about how he might have to pay for his sins in the afterlife. Again, though, I'm not religious, and I have NO OPINION about what is true or otherwise in religious teaching...