[Taxacom] Monkey Community greatly relieved

Thomas G. Lammers lammers at uwosh.edu
Wed Jan 13 15:13:24 CST 2010

At 03:05 PM 1/13/2010, Stephen Thorpe wrote:
>No, I still think that religious people are interpreting science in
>religious language and concepts, thereby finding spurious contradiction
>with their beliefs, and scientists are interpreting religious teachings in
>scientific language and concepts, thereby finding it to be in
>contradiction with science.

Well, that may very well be for "people", but it has nothing to do with the
fact that is was *I* who was accused of exemplifying this shortsightedness
DESPITE my attempt to help one side see things through the eyes of the
other.  I do not care to be publicly criticized for transgressions I've not
committed.

FWIW, I personally do not believe in The Big Invisible Friend,  but I do
not like to see people behave in a close-minded and intolerant fashion.

Thomas G. Lammers
Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh

New!  Botanical adventure fiction!
Augustus Green in the Lair of the Pye-a-Saw
http://www.mbgpress.info/index.php?task=id&id=90602