[Taxacom] Monkey Community greatly relieved

Stephen Thorpe s.thorpe at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jan 13 15:38:56 CST 2010

Thomas,

what I said was:

> Funny though, you seem just as uncompromisingly convinced in your beliefs as they are in theirs!

this was in response to a posting in which you state categorically how [quote] folks of that mindset [unquote] think and interpret the words of scientists, and then suggested ways of "sweetening the pill" for them, so that they will become more open to scientific ideas

Perhaps my quote above was a bit too strong, and I certainly didn't mean to imply that you are shortsighted or intolerant of anybody. AS I stated, you SEEMED from what you said to be firmly entrenched in the scientific camp, but it isn't completely clear (which is why I said "you seem ...")

So, apologies for giving you the impression that I was implying something negative about you. If I was, and I'm not at all sure that I was, it was pretty minimal ...

Stephen