[Taxacom] Our Monkey Ancestors

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Thu Jan 14 10:10:59 CST 2010

Good point. I looked up a recent summary of the Tree of Life, and indeed
animals (motile, non-chlorophyllose, standard definition) are
paraphyletic to plants. This has nomenclatural significance in that the
ICZN therefore takes precedence over the ICBN. That will keep
researchers busy finding new names for newly discovered homonyms.
:)

Richard H. Zander
Voice: 314-577-0276
Missouri Botanical Garden