[Taxacom] Our Monkey Ancestors

Frederick W. Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Thu Jan 14 10:55:59 CST 2010

Richard Zander wrote:
> Good point. I looked up a recent summary of the Tree of Life, and indeed
> animals (motile, non-chlorophyllose, standard definition) are
> paraphyletic to plants. This has nomenclatural significance in that the
> ICZN therefore takes precedence over the ICBN. That will keep
> researchers busy finding new names for newly discovered homonyms.
> :)

* must codes be holophyletic? I thought they were meant to be
paraphyletic monuments to the distribution of interests in the 19th Century.

fred.
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
Thirty Years Later Expedition - http://pinicola.ca/thirty/
Longterm ecological monitoring - http://fragileinheritance.ca/