[Taxacom] Our Monkey Ancestors

Stephen Thorpe s.thorpe at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jan 14 14:41:44 CST 2010

>What shall we make of this scientific discovery?
It is worse than that: cladistically speaking, either (1) humans, monkeys, birds, frogs, etc. are all fish; or (2) there is no such thing as fish (cladistically speaking) - they are just a paraphyletic assemblage of plesiomorphic vertebrates ... If (2), then all those fishing quota laws are about something that doesn't exist! :)