[Taxacom] Our Monkey Ancestors

Barry Roth barry_roth at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 17:58:34 CST 2010

Tell me about it!  The other day I was fishing and caught, I thought, my limit of six fish.  Just my luck that the game warden who inspected me was a cladist.  He counted my Labrador retriever, and I was one fish over the limit.

Barry

--- On Thu, 1/14/10, Stephen Thorpe <s.thorpe at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

>What shall we make of this scientific discovery?
It is worse than that: cladistically speaking, either (1) humans, monkeys, birds, frogs, etc. are all fish; or (2) there is no such thing as fish (cladistically speaking) - they are just a paraphyletic assemblage of plesiomorphic vertebrates ... If (2), then all those fishing quota laws are about something that doesn't exist! :)