[Taxacom] Our Monkey Ancestors

Peter Stevens peter.stevens at mobot.org
Sat Jan 16 11:22:29 CST 2010

Quite recently, I read "Trying leviathan", by D. G. Burnett (2007) -
subtitle is "The nineteenth century New York court case that put the
whale on trial and challenged the order of nature". Definitely
relevant and an excellent read (is the whale a fish? - real question:
should whale oil be taxed/inspected liked bony fish oil?); what we
(think we) know, and what others (think they) know, what courts
decide, and how local pols subvert the whole process...

P.