[Taxacom] HHDB: hemihomonyms

Pat LaFollette pat at lafollette.com
Sun Jan 17 05:45:12 CST 2010

I have sent Alexey an additional 20 hemihomonyms "off list" for
genera in the gastropod family Pyramidellidae, so make it 1163.

Wouldn't it be easier to write a filter that compares Nieve's
Nomenclator Zoologicus (http://uio.mbl.edu/NomenclatorZoologicus/)
with an equivalent nomenclator of plant genera? (I'm assuming that
there must be one). There are likely thousands more animal/plant
hemihomonyms to be found if I identify 20 in one molluscan family,
and these only the incidental byproduct of a BHL search.

Pat