[Taxacom] HHDB: hemihomonyms

bti at dsmz.de bti at dsmz.de
Sun Jan 17 08:29:52 CST 2010

Have to agree with Tony here. There are prokaryote names on the list
that are not considered to be validly published (in the sense of the
Bacteriological Code) and there would be NO objection for their use
elsewhere, should other Codes ever ban the introduction of new
homonyms as the Bacteriological Code has done.
Brian

Quoting Tony.Rees at csiro.au:

> Hi Alexey,
>
> Looks good - would be improved (I think) by quoting the authorship
> and date for each name as well.
>
> You need to be clear whether or not you are only including validly
> published cases in your lists - presumably the former - because
> there are *lots* of invalid ones too (i.e. junior as well as senior
> homonyms in each code, sometimes not always clear which is the valid
> instance in some cases because of nomina nuda etc.) - e.g. see
> example from my database:
>
> http://www.marine.csiro.au/mirrorsearch/ir_search.go?searchtxt=Moorea&hlevel=genus
>
> Regards - Tony

Dr.B.J.Tindall
DSMZ-Deutsche Sammlung von Mikro-
organismen und Zellkulturen GmbH
Inhoffenstra├če 7B
38124 Braunschweig
Germany
Tel. ++49 531-2616-224
Fax  ++49 531-2616-418
http://www.dsmz.de
Director: Prof. Dr. med. Hans G. Drexler
Local court: Braunschweig HRB 2570
Chairman of the management board: MR Dr. Axel Kollatschny

DSMZ - A member of the Leibniz Association (WGL)