[Taxacom] HHDB: hemihomonyms

David Patterson dpatterson at eol.org
Mon Jan 18 16:32:08 CST 2010

I am surprised this discussion has not yet included reference to GNA / GNI (globalnames.org).  GNA is conceived as an open environment and semantic environment that can underpin a names-based infrastructure for biology; provide services for nomenclaturalists, taxonomists, and biodiversity informaticians. Being semantic, such an environment has to be designed to meet Wolfgang's requirements.

The dialog has shown that the rapid emergence of an environment to help disambiguate homonyms (and chresonyms) would be useful. Let's see if we can do something about that.

David Patterson