[Taxacom] HHDB: hemihomonyms

Karen Wilson Karen.Wilson at rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au
Mon Jan 18 17:23:43 CST 2010

Unique identifiers are already in use in at least some major projects that I am aware of. Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, Encyclopedia of Life, GBIF, to name a few, are using LSIDS, variously for taxa ('potential'), names, and specimen records.
I don't know what the nomenclators are doing, but I'm sure others can enlighten us.

Regards
Karen Wilson
RBG Sydney