[Taxacom] Reproducibility of phylogenetic analysis

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Tue Jan 26 16:06:06 CST 2010

Popper got, rightly, knighted for his defense of democracy's foundation
in respect for the past and for reason (kind of Burkeian conservatism,
but what do you expect from the Queen, it's better than President's
Medals from the neocons (IMO)). He of course overemphasized
nomological-deductivism and sloughed off intuition, perhaps because of
what are not historical reasons for us, such as Nazi Aryanism and
Mussolini's superman "First do, then think!" Popper is understandable in
context, and the times were sad.

I'm tried to struggle with his formal logic re evidence and hypothesis,
and found (I think) that somewhere in the middle of some pages of
"proof" that he switches e and H without telling. Blink and suddenly
evidence and hypothesis are no longer what they seem. No I don't really
understand it, but I am really doubtful. Anybody else get a similar
feeling about this?

Richard H. Zander
Voice: 314-577-0276
Missouri Botanical Garden