[Taxacom] Reproducibility of phylogenetic analysis

Bob Mesibov mesibov at southcom.com.au
Tue Jan 26 18:08:17 CST 2010

Peter Hovenkamp wrote:

'Illustrative examples are easy to find, but "subjective judgments about similarities and relationships" are not part of them.'

I disagree, Peter. The branch of taxonomy I'm familiar with is rich in papers that say (in one way or another) that the author's subjective judgements about similarities and relationships agree with those of a previous author or authors.
--
Dr Robert Mesibov
Honorary Research Associate