[Taxacom] Pro-natalism vs. biodiversity

Richard Jensen rjensen at saintmarys.edu
Thu Jan 28 09:10:15 CST 2010

David's point about educating women is right on target. But it's only
part of the solution.

As I see it, attempts to decrease each individual's impact are far
outpaced by the increase in the number of individuals. Thus, population
growth continues and resource overuse/abuse is a direct or indirect
consequence. Until we are able to establish exactly what standard of
living each person should have, at a minimum, there will continue to be
disparities in resource use and allocation and those disparities will
lead to greater habitat destruction.

Cheers(?)

Dick J

Richard Jensen, Professor