[Taxacom] Pro-natalism vs. biodiversity and population dynamics

Pierre Deleporte pierre.deleporte at univ-rennes1.fr
Fri Jan 29 05:57:22 CST 2010

I fear there is no strict genetic "program" for human behavior, no more
than strict cultural "program",
modern ethology aknowleges the entangled mix of developmental processes
both biological and cultural
so, culture may do a lot for shaping behavior... this or that way

now, it remains true that the importance of the biological component of
human societies, to begin with "numbers", has certainly been
traditionally underestimated by social sciences
biological laws put limits to what is culturally and technologically
imaginable

(note also that psychology is in fact biological, in a modern scientific
approach)

Pierre