[Taxacom] impact of taxonomic work

Stephen Thorpe s.thorpe at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jan 29 15:04:34 CST 2010

I disagree that the number of web links to a taxonomic article is very informative, not in these times of innumerable bioinformatics online databases which seek to account for every new taxon, no matter how "obscure", so the hundredth new species of some big but obscure genus gets about as much "airplay" as a new family, or something ...