[Taxacom] Do rogue taxonomists need rogue publishers?

Bob Mesibov mesibov at southcom.com.au
Fri Jan 29 19:47:57 CST 2010

Quite right, sorry, I meant e-only publication. And of course I realise that creating an e-only whitelist won't stop Calodema from publishing junk. I'm concerned that e-only publication is vastly simpler, cheaper and faster than e+print. Allowing free-for-all e-only publication invites a flood of Calodemas. What's a minor nuisance now because there is a barrier (if only a low one) to valid publication will become a major nuisance with no barrier at all. Or does the ICZN want to 'try it and see', as it did with CD-ROM?
--
Dr Robert Mesibov
Honorary Research Associate