[Taxacom] new whale genus name is preoccupied

Doug Yanega dyanega at ucr.edu
Thu Jul 1 17:40:52 CDT 2010

Stephen Thorpe wrote:

>as usual, these things get more complex the more you look into them:
>http://svpow.wordpress.com/2010/06/30/is-the-new-miocen-sperm-whale-leviathan-validly-named/

Wish I'd seen this before I wrote to Lambert. Based on the details
coming out in that blog, Lambert's name appears to be a homonym,
after all, and apparently he and his coauthors are already acting on
it. Amazing, in a way, considering how trivial it is to search the
Nomenclator Zoologicus online.

Peace,