[Taxacom] new whale genus name is preoccupied

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Thu Jul 1 20:21:28 CDT 2010

excellent sleuthing! Bad news for the whale, then ...

possibly also, Leviathan in the first edition could  be the correct original spelling by:
Article 32.5.1. If there is in the original publication itself, without recourse to any external source of information, clear evidence of an inadvertent error, such as a lapsus calami or a copyist's or printer's error, it must be corrected

anyway, I will update the Wiki articles accordingly ...

Stephen