[Taxacom] new whale genus name is preoccupied

Anders Warén anders.waren at nrm.se
Thu Jul 1 23:52:45 CDT 2010

Sherborn, in the first list of references to the second part of Index Animalium (1801-1850) mentioned that the pamphlet is dated "1840" on the wrapper, while the title page is dated 1841. This refers to the first edition, since Sherborn also mentioned an "ed. 2".

Anders Warén
Swedish Museum of Natural History