[Taxacom] barcode of life wins Ebbe Nielsen Prize

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Fri Jul 2 11:08:22 CDT 2010

Well, yeah, the whole genome reflects evolution, like a snapshot
reflects history.

I meant that the way expressed traits interact at the organism level
with a changing environment, including multiple speciation and
reticulation events, cannot well be fully recovered by a snapshot of a
genome or a hundred genomes. You need more information about history and
environment than there is implied in the genome to get a truly adequate
grasp of evolution for a taxon.

Richard H. Zander
Voice: 314-577-0276
Missouri Botanical Garden