[Taxacom] Centropyge (was: barcode of life)

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Jul 5 02:40:28 CDT 2010

to me, the C. flavissima/vroliki example is a prime example of good direct evidence (but not 100% proof) for repro. isolation (albeit <100% repro. isolation) and therefore species distinction according to the BSC, so I would most strongly object to "subspecies" in this case

this reference looks relevant (haven't read it yet myself):

Key, K.H.L. 1981: Species, parapatry, and the morabine grasshoppers. Systematic zoology, 30: 425-458.
JSTOR: http://www.jstor.org/stable/2413053

Stephen