[Taxacom] I have photos, 2 male Strepsiptera species

Robin Leech releech at telusplanet.net
Tue Jul 20 17:52:00 CDT 2010

Hi Taxacomers,

I have photos of 2 species of male Strepsiptera
collected last week just west of Edmonton, Alberta.
They were collected in a Malaise trap.

Anyone out there know enough about these critters
to give me an educated guess as to genus or species?
They are about 1.4 and 1.5 mm long, respectively.
One has what looks like short, geniculate antennae, the
other has long, bifid antennae.

Contact me off line, and I will send the photos.

The Wagner Natural Area just west of Edmonton also
produced a male of the linyphiine genus Tennesseelum
that is distinctly different from the known T. formicum.

Robin