[Taxacom] Examples for Eurasian-Australian distribution

Oliver Hawlitschek oliver.hawlitschek at gmx.de
Thu Jul 22 03:12:08 CDT 2010

As stated by Ken, our problem is in fact the current absence of Hygrobia from all the rest of the world, which probably means that today's Hygrobia species show a relic distribution. Of course there may be other species yet to be found. I should note that the Chinese Hygrobia davidi Bedel, 1883 is known from the type specimen only and has never been found afterwards.

In: Benton, M.J. (1993) The fossil record 2, a Miocene fossil of Hygrobia is mentioned, but with no further information. Does anybody know more about this?

Best regards

Oliver

-------- Original-Nachricht --------