[Taxacom] online publishing

Jason Mate jfmate at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 22 05:54:35 CDT 2010

Articles and checklists would work well on a kindle. Not so sure about keys and monographs. I often have to have 4-5 books open at one time when doing an ID and the cost of having several Kindles lying around is just not worth it! In addition, page by page my article library would be 80-90% of all my texts so already having the articles as PDFs is enough. Like MP3s, DVDs etc, digital books will take a (large) chunk of the market but not the whole thing. Digital paperbacks, like MP3s or digital movies, are worth it as you will only read them once and then chuck them. For continuous use current hardware is just not compatible with humans.
Best
Jason