[Taxacom] online publishing

dipteryx at freeler.nl dipteryx at freeler.nl
Fri Jul 23 05:24:42 CDT 2010

Van: taxacom-bounces at mailman.nhm.ku.edu namens Jason Mate
Verzonden: vr 23-7-2010 11:29

> Regardless of which format is best in the end the most popular one
> will win. XML vs PDF, we'll see. Remember BETA vs VHS?

***
Looks to me they both lost out; the question rather is: DVD
or Blu-ray?

I guess that is just the point: at this stage there is no way
to tell what will win out eventually. Note that this problem
did not occur with printed matter, although there are several
different kinds of paper as well as different printing techniques:
reading can always be done with the same kind of reading
equipment: the human eye.

Paul