[Taxacom] online publishing

Dave Roberts workpackage6 at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 23 12:05:28 CDT 2010

Dear Paul,

I suggest that with digital the problems have been recognised just as
quickly, but we have yet to establish a reliable system of
datestamps.  I am not familiar enough with the history of libraries to
know when reliable dates of receipts were started, but I have had
substantial trouble with late 19C and early 20C between date of
publication and date of receipt.

I still think that this is happening quickly, we're in the middle of
the transition period, and it is really about having confidence that
it will all work out in the end.  Personally I have less confidence
that we can sustain the current paper system.

Cheers,  Dave
--
On 23 Jul 2010, at 09:53, <dipteryx at freeler.nl> <dipteryx at freeler.nl>