[Taxacom] Chile-New Zealand distributions (rafting as a rare alternative)

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Sun Jul 25 22:53:07 CDT 2010

well I'm not suggesting that it is to be "explained" by magic or "divine
intervention" - it is "unusual" only in the sense that I don't think there are
any other species of beetle (or even terrestrial lifeforms of any kind) whose
native distribution is N.Z. + Chile only ... plenty of higher taxa, but not
species ...