[Taxacom] intestinal trematode from Alepisaurus and other marine tissue samples

Peter Wirtz peterwirtz2004 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 01:50:16 CDT 2010

Some intestinal trematodes (I presume) crawled from the anus of a freshly dead lancetfish (Alepisaurus ferox). If anybody is interested I can send a photo and later (against modest contribution to the cost of obtaining them) specimens preserved in 96 ethanol.

I also preserved some Alepisaurus tissue and have other (more or less rare) fish tissues. Anybody needing tissue samples of marine organisms can contact me. See my books (first web page below) on what we have here at Madeira Island. Will go to the Cape Verde Islands in October again.

Carpe diem,

Peter

Prof. Dr. Peter Wirtz
PO Box 103
P - 9125 Canico, Madeira
Portugal
Tel+Fax 00351-291-934784
peterwirtz2004 at yahoo.com

My books, nudibranch photos:
www.medslugs.de/E/Photographers/Peter_Wirtz.htm#photos

Fish photos:
www.fishbase.org/Photos/ListThumbnails.cfm?id=806&sortby=genus

Publication list:
http://www.medslugs.de/D/Fotografen/Peter_Wirtz_Bibliographie.htm

A very large collection of animal images (and growing)
www.tolweb.org/onlinecontributors/app?page=ContributorImagesPage&service=external&sp=3520