[Taxacom] Integrative taxonomy

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Sat Jul 31 21:20:53 CDT 2010

hmmmm ... this sounds like the first little slide down a very steep slope

effectively, I think this proposal would create two nomenclatural/taxonomic
systems - one for the molecular taxonomists, and one for the sensible
taxonomists! :) Such fragmentation is perhaps the first step to total
disintegration of traditional taxonomy/nomenclature, whereby there aren't any
species in the world any more, just the outputs of various protocols ...

what's that whirring sound? Must be Linnaeus (and Darwin) spinning in their
graves ...

Stephen