[Taxacom] ICZN procedure question

Donat Agosti agosti at amnh.org
Fri Nov 12 07:20:36 CST 2010

Marry is right. The action of ICZN erodes the bases for a lot of scientific
work based on valid names. Ultimately, the ICZN conservative behavior is
self-destructive to itself.

WE need to get a functional Zoobank and a requirement that names are only
valid if registered, including the submission of a pdf/similar electronic
document and the other criteria chosen.

We need to send the indexing bodies our publications, and with that make
them aware where they can find our publications online, eg the journals they
might have to index. This would already be a great progress.

Donat