[Taxacom] PDF files from Magnolia Press

Karl Magnacca kmagnacca at wesleyan.edu
Thu Sep 2 14:48:04 CDT 2010

Jim L. Reveal <jlr326 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> Like all published books, this is available for cash or credit card,
> or via a subscription to the journal via your institution. The pdf
> is NOT available to anyone "to post on their own web site." As the
> author, I am not permitted to post the pdf either.

It's worth noting, however, that many people do so, and I have yet
to hear of anyone being told to pull them off of their web page or
being blocked from publishing further in those journals.
Fortunately, the scientific publishing industry is not (yet) the
RIAA.

Karl
Karl Magnacca
Postdoctoral Researcher