[Taxacom] WoRMS fixes Kerguelenia ...

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Thu Sep 2 17:55:16 CDT 2010

Geoff,

>That's good isn't it

yes, indeed (I've only just stopped doing cartwheels on the table!) [just a
little sarcasm for a gloomy friday in Auckland] :)

>but you are a hard man to satisfy

I'm satisfied - I was just making an observation, that's all ...

>Overall the edit credit given in WoRMS output is more about telling users who
>takes responsibility for the current taxonomic status of the taxon record

Not quite sure about that? The genus page has the following info on it:

Edit
history   Date
   action
   by
2004-12-21 15:54:05Z   created   Bellan-Santini, Denise
2004-12-21 15:54:05Z   checked   Costello, Mark
2005-07-25 06:54:52Z   changed   Espinel, Nadjejda
2007-02-08 07:55:58Z   changed   De Broyer, Claude
2010-07-22 08:44:07Z   changed   Lowry, Jim
2010-08-26 13:28:30Z   changed   Lowry, Jim
on the face of it, this looks remarkably like a Wiki-style edit history, doesn't
it???

Cheers,

Stephen