[Taxacom] : Species names Spix

dipteryx at freeler.nl dipteryx at freeler.nl
Fri Sep 3 10:17:40 CDT 2010

Well, yes and no. In most cases I do limit my searches to just
the IK, which greatly improves readability of the list of results.
For older names of species the IK is more complete than GCI,
so the reverse would not work. As such things go I have aways
found the IK to be a little more accurate as well.

However, if one wants to be exhaustive then it is wise to search
the whole database (no difference in this case). And, obviously,
for names of infraspecific taxa the GCI has the advantage
(in this case all names at infraspecific rank are combinations
based on the names of species).

Paul