[Taxacom] Federated Malay States Museum 1941-1955

Michael A. Ivie mivie at montana.edu
Sat Sep 4 21:50:31 CDT 2010

Dear Taxacomers,

We are trying to learn anything we can about the when/where/who of the
Federated Malay States Museum collections and Library between the time
they were evacuated from Kuala Lumpur in December 1941 and were
acquisitioned at the BMNH in 1955.  The only thing we have is that they
were sent to the Department of Agriculture when the Museum was
evacuated.  Someone or someones protected them and arranged for their
shipment.  The former curator, Pendlebury, was imprisoned and died
during the war, so it was not him. Who? When? Where?

Michael Ivie

Michael A. Ivie, Ph.D., F.R.E.S.

Montana Entomology Collection
Marsh Labs, Room 50