[Taxacom] WoRMS fixes Kerguelenia ...

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Sun Sep 5 18:34:44 CDT 2010

>It's just a question of whether it's worthwhile to provide the link post hoc,
>when the user can go to BHL etc, themselves

But that logic could be applied to everything on a biodiversity database! The
whole point of such a database is in aggregation and integration of otherwise
scattered primary data. Besides, while it is easy enough to go to BHL, there are
many other scattered sources of digitised literature that take a great deal of
hunting down, for example, this Russian book in its entirety:
http://species.wikimedia.org/wiki/Vipio_angaricus (see ref)

It will be very interesting to see how WoRMS and Wikispecies evolve ...

Stephen (with a 'ph')