[Taxacom] Senior Curator Natural Environment, Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
CarlosL at tepapa.govt.nz
Sun Sep 5 21:43:35 CDT 2010
Senior Curator Natural Environment
This is a rare opportunity to join the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa at a senior level. Reporting to the Collections and Research Group Director, you will have responsibility for leading a team of science-based Curators and Researchers. You will work jointly with the Head of Collections Management in the leadership and management of the Natural Environment unit.
The purpose of the role is to support the Director by contributing to the Group's strategic planning and to ensure the effective day-to-day management of the curatorial team. The role will involve working with Curators and Researchers to maintain and develop collections, to conduct well-planned programmes of research and scholarship, and to deliver research outputs and collection information through a broad range of outreach activities. You must be an experienced manager, confident working at a senior level, and preferably with a background in science management.
* be a line manager with experience of strategic planning within a science-based environment
* have an understanding of curatorial and collection management roles, including experience in a museum or related scientific institution
* have the ability to secure external funding for the museum's research, collections and outreach programmes
* be able to lead the delivery of complex research and outreach projects in partnership with others, both across the museum, and with external researchers and science agencies
* contribute to the development and delivery of cross-disciplinary exhibitions, online projects and outreach programmes aimed at diverse and cross-generational museum audiences
For further information, contact Dr Claudia Orange on 04 381 7008.
Please send all applications to recruitment at tepapa.govt.nz and quote reference
To obtain a job description and to apply online please go to www.tepapa.govt.nz/jobs. Applications close 5 pm Wednesday 29 September 2010.
Visit the Te Papa website http://www.tepapa.govt.nz
The email message together with the accompanying attachments may be
CONFIDENTIAL. If you have received this message in error, please notify
mail at tepapa.govt.nz immediately and delete the original message. The
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
except where the sender specifically states them to be views of Te Papa.
Te Papa employs strict virus checking measures and accepts no liability
for any loss caused either directly or indirectly by a virus arising
from the use of this message or any attached file.
More information about the Taxacom