[Taxacom] Serious questions about taxonomy/ontology

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Wed Sep 8 20:04:53 CDT 2010

To be fair, I don't think that the TaxonomistBio is supposed to learn anything
or get anything out of the KM enterprise, only the TaxonomistBioEndUser is
supposed to. I guess the idea is that although the TaxonomistBio may have no
interest in anything beyond their limited scope of expertise (=taxonomic group)
 (of which they know, for argument's sake, everything already), they should
perhaps be interested in making their knowledge accessible to the end users in
an integrated way, and that's what KM people try to facilitate. However, I don't
see that KM has achieved much to date, or is likely to if it follows current
methods ...