[Taxacom] Propagation of bad sameAs statements

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Fri Sep 10 00:28:12 CDT 2010

well, I did seriously offer a definition of "invasive species", viz.

an invasive species is one which has a definite tendency to expand its range
into areas where it is unwanted

Definitions which define them in terms of particular or general "negative
effects" of the species are not good, because there are a great many
possible particular effects and the general concept is not well-defined, unless
you define it as an "unwanted effect", and then with a bit of simplification you
get my definition. Basically, it is invasive if border control wants to keep it
out ...

Adding extra bits to the definition just serves to confuddle (my word!) the
issues ...