[Taxacom] Serious questions about taxonomy/ontology

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Fri Sep 10 18:20:31 CDT 2010

maybe it is just me, but given all the published literature on O. soledadinus
(an "invasive species", by the way) which GBIF fails to mention, including
literature on its presence on South Georgia, I REALLY fail to see that GBIF is
giving us anything nontrivial here??? Just 4 random records, all from South
Georgia - what use is that supposed to be to anybody??