[Taxacom] Serious questions about taxonomy/ontology

Bob Mesibov mesibov at southcom.com.au
Sat Sep 11 18:28:54 CDT 2010

Hi, Richard.

My wife begs to differ, and as a dutiful husband I (of course) agree. She says that pattern recognition is a fundamental human skill and is used and honed in many different trades and professions, not just taxonomy. I don't myself see how externalising this process and analysing its rules will make us better taxonomists.

Cheers,
Bob
--
Dr Robert Mesibov