[Taxacom] serious questions about taxonomy and ontogeny

Neal Evenhuis neale at bishopmuseum.org
Mon Sep 13 23:46:08 CDT 2010

Interesting comparison.

Architects have building codes -- taxonomists have nomenclatural codes.
Architects rely on engineers -- taxonomists rely on physiologists and morphologists
Architects make big bucks -- taxonomists beg for big bucks
Architectural firms are run by partners -- taxonomic institutions are run by ... hey wait a minute ... there are no taxonomic institutions ....