[Taxacom] serious questions about taxonomy and ontogeny

J. Kirk Fitzhugh kfitzhugh at nhm.org
Tue Sep 14 14:24:13 CDT 2010

  Replication isn't testing. That's simply abductive inference - pretty
much all we do in systematics. What you'd need to test is the hypothesis
that particular causal components are involved in cognition, beyond the
mere existence of perceived objects. For that, the neurosciences would
be the field to look into.

Kirk

--
J. Kirk Fitzhugh, Ph.D.