[Taxacom] serious questions about taxonomy and ontogeny

Curtis Clark lists at curtisclark.org
Wed Sep 15 08:32:00 CDT 2010

  On 9/14/2010 8:14 PM, Kenneth Kinman wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>          The ultimate question of our time is still what are the best
> "ways of cutting up the cake" that we call the Tree of Life.
That is an *extremely* limited and limiting view. Arguments about
paraphyly prevent no oil spills, save no whooping cranes, and arguably
get us no closer to characterizing the remainder of unknown extant
species. Although this seems to be your primary raison d'ĂȘtre for the
time that I've e-known you, there's more to life, more to science, and
even more to systematics than this one issue.