[Taxacom] New Amanitaceae website on-line

Dr. Rodham E. Tulloss ret at eticomm.net
Tue Sep 21 14:15:31 CDT 2010

Colleagues,

This afternoon a new site covering the two genera of the Amanitaceae (Amanita
and Limacella) went on-line under the name

www.amanitaceae.org

It is still under construction and there is a long way to go.

At the moment, it has two to three times the technical content of the previous
"Amanita Studies" website that has existed for the past 11 years.

If we provide insufficient information for someone's favorite species, we'd like
to hear about it and will do our best to do something about it.

The site addresses both a small expert audience and a somewhat larger lay
audience. It is planned to have an expanded educational component with "how to"
instructions for students, researchers, parataxonomists, and interested amateurs.

The site's language is in English.  The site draws on all the world literature
of which the editors are aware.

The site addresses all the taxa and probable taxa of which the editors have
become or are becoming cognizant...at present, over 760 taxa or possible taxa
are listed for the family...a larger number than have previously been treated.

Sincerely,

R. E. Tulloss,
for the editors and the development team