[Taxacom] Rant alert [equilibrium]

Frederick W. Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Wed Sep 22 08:12:52 CDT 2010

On 9/22/2010 4:25 AM, Bob Mesibov wrote:
> "Therefore, is the information available on the Internet going to change things, or just promote the status quo in new ways?"
>
> Funny you should mention that. The UN's head this week said broadband access needs to expand to facilitate Growth and Progress in the developing nations:

* we were talking of this and that yesterday, and wondering if
"equilibrium" could be the new "sustainability," and if folks could be
brought to their senses if they were challenged to show that their
actions weren't aimed at promoting long-term global equilibrium.

"Conservation," "multiple use," sustainability," and "biodiversity" have
all been corrupted, so it's doubtful that equilbrium would fare any
better, but at least it should be exposed to the rigours of memetic
natural selection.

fred.

--

fred schueler